Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Question:
I was rearranging my craft room and found a VHS tape "Field Studies". I hadn't actually watched it before because I've been using my computer with DVD's. I have had a block lately. I've been trying to get into painting again but found I was rearranging,buying different colors and gadgets but couldn't get inspired to paint. I watched the video and decided to try your suggestion starting with small scraps. I have been painting and enjoying painting ever since. I'm satisfied with using a few tried and true colors instead of trying to find the "new" color that would inspire me. That was the best tip I have ever received,my second was using a bigger brush (also from you).
I was wondering what color you mix to get a good sand color?
Thank you for your approach to painting. Your books are my favorites and I have many.
Sincerely, Kathy B.

Answer:
Thank you!!
I like French Ultramarine Blue mixed with either Burnt Umber or Burnt Sienna lean the mix a little more to the browns, at least that is what works for our beaches here. Let me know if that works if not get back to me and I will come up with a another combo for you.
Best wishes
Birgit

No comments:

Post a Comment