Thursday, March 11, 2010

Covering large areas quickly

Hi Birgit:
I was attempting to paint as you do, following along with your video, but my own flower, etc.
The question is that I had a large area in the background on the upper left top. By the time I painted around the detailed areas of the flower and then attempted to pull the paint to the edges, I was not getting the flow that I wanted and needed. I painted that area 4 different times trying to get the look. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Sharon D. CA

Hi Sharon
It might be hard to make a suggestion with out seeing what you are doing exactly, I usually work pretty dry along the edges with a small brush then increase the size of the brush as the area gets larger then pull the color out with water or diluted color.
Hope that helps
Best wishes
Birgit

No comments:

Post a Comment