Friday, July 1, 2011

Student wins First Prize

Hi, Birgit!......... I wanted you to be the first to know! After I got back
from my wonderful workshop with you at Cheap Joe’s, my local art society was
hosting an art show – the theme of it was Georgia O’Keeffe. So I decided to
use my skills that I had just learned………and my big brushes………..and entered
two paintings. One was a closeup of a rose, and one was a closeup of a
gardenia that grows outside our front door.

Tonight was the reception, and I won FIRST PRIZE for the gardenia!!! I was
so surprised, (and I made a fool of myself by crying!) but I was so
thrilled. And I just wanted you to be the first one to know before I shout
it out to the world! I’ve won ribbons for student art shows before, but this
was the first REAL show that I’ve won anything (and it carried a cash prize
of $100).

So, thank you so much for showing me the way to painting beautiful flowers.
And I’m SO glad I decided to buy your brushes! So, thank you. I’ve attached
a picture that was taken a couple hours ago.

A big hug………. Deb Chilcote FL (in the peanut gallery)



Congratulations !!!!
I LOVE IT... LOVE IT... LOVE IT .. I am sure everyone was touched by your tears of joy :) I just love your story..your choice of the composition & colors - Congratulations!!!!!! I am so proud of you

No comments:

Post a Comment