Friday, May 18, 2012

Bay View Watercolor Society, ON

Well I haven't had much time to write, I have been in a workshop frenzy traveling for the last few weeks darting back and fourth across the country. I was in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and am now in Charlotte North Carolina, then off to Mendocino again - and looking forward to Jackson Hole WY in June...We are having a wonderful time. I'll be sharing some of the photos soon.


In the mean time I wanted to tell you while I was in Ontario judging the Bay View Watercolor Society water media show that I had the opportunity to meet Ona Kingdon what a lovely person and such a talented artist.



Ona's painting "Comfor-Ted" won first place. I loved the depth of color in her washes and not only the amazing detail in her teddies fur but the texture and feeling  that you could just hug them. She not only won the award I presented to her during that week, she had been awarded signature membership of the North West Watercolour Society NWWS,  receive my elected membership of the Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour CSPWC at their AGM in Toronto and the  John Singer Sargent Award and $1000 at the Transparent Watercolor Society of America  2012 Exhibition.- what a week for her and well deserved success.


 Signing the awards for the Bay view watercolor Society.

 
What an amazing sky we had on the night of show and such a dramatic send off to a wonderful workshop week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up on reading. Thanks Birgit. It was wonderful to meet you too. Hope we can meet up again next year :)

    ReplyDelete