Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Accordion sketch book

I have to say I was so impressed with one of my students Debbie Abshear at my Calistoga workshop this month. Debbie does a lot of Plein Air Painting and is always doing value sketches where ever she goes, either in her note book or as you can see here, in an accordion sketch book which she make herself. I loved what she was doing and want to share her talent with you, basically she does quick studies to help her find her values then places the local color along side with a few notes. Love the affect and her work.

Value studies in a Accordion Sketch book 

Local color placed next to the sketch 

Debbie can make these sketch books any size that she likes

This was a beautiful painting that she did 

.

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea! Thank you to Debbie for sharing a very artistic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea I might have to try that,
    thanks,

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete